Setting up your Bose soundbar for the first time can be confusing for some. Things might seem quite complicated after unboxing the product. And one common issue is not being able to connect the soundbar to the app.
Why the Bose Soundbar 700 won’t connect to the app?
There can be different reasons behind this. For example, not being connected to the same network, software issues, settings change, etc. To solve this, there are ways like resetting the router or the app, updating the firmware, etc. Each reason requires different solutions.
Feeling confused after reading the short intro? Lucky for you, we got an entire article regarding this. Please have a read to clear out your thoughts!
4 Reasons and Troubleshoots for Bose Soundbar Not Connecting to App
As much as you’re worried about your problem, I’m eager to provide you with the solution. In this section, I’ll describe why Bose Soundbar 700 won’t connect to the app. In addition to that, I’ll also provide necessary solutions as well.
Here’s why your Bose soundbar won’t connect to the app:
Reason 1 of 4: WiFi Disconnection
Sometimes you might forget to connect your soundbar to the WiFi. Also, your soundbar might fail to connect to the network. In that case, you may see pop-ups and error messages like “something went wrong”.
WiFi connectivity problems can be really annoying. That’s why we’ve come up with a solution.
Here are some solutions stated below that might help.
- Make sure your playing device and the soundbar are connected to the same network.
- You can implement an alternative way of connecting the soundbar to the WiFi. For that, connect your mobile device to the network and after that connect the soundbar.
- If you want to connect your soundbar to your tv, disconnect it from your phone first. After that, configure the network settings and connect it with your home wireless network. Then connect it with your tv to play.
- Make sure you know how to use a microphone. Using the Bose soundbar ain’t anything like using a rock-band mic. Also ensure that it is working if you’re using a voice input system to control the network.
Apply these tricks and see which one works. Hope you’ll be able to find the solution.
Reason 2 of 4: Router Problem
Routers sometimes malfunction and due to this, your soundbar might not connect to the network. And this will eventually not let the soundbar connect to the app.
This problem can be irritating in the long run. Because every time you switch devices, you’ll face difficulties connecting to the app.
For solving this problem, you can follow the suggestions below:
- Reboot your router. Restarting them helps them to function better sometimes. Disconnect the router from the power source, wait for some time. Then restart the router again.
- If your router has become old, you might need a new router.
Do you want to buy a good quality router? I’ve some recommendations. Check them out:
I hope these products will help you greatly and you won’t face any difficulties.
So, these are the solutions to your router problems. Hope you’ll be able to solve this issue effectively.
Reason 3 of 4: Software Issue
Isn’t your software updated to the latest version? Then your soundbar might fail to connect to the app. The device and the app don’t sync well if the software isn’t updated. This leads to the disconnection of the app to the soundbar.
To solve this issue, you can follow the steps below:
- Update the software to the latest version and see if it’s compatible with your device.
- If an automatic update is not available, try to update the software manually. You can take expert help in this regard.
- If your software is updated and still doesn’t work, restart the app. And then configure the network if it’s not connected properly.
Hopefully, these steps will solve the software problem.
Reason 4 of 4: Miscellaneous Settings Problem
Sometimes the settings of the soundbar change miscellaneously. These changes in settings don’t let the soundbar and the app function properly. As a result, the soundbar can’t connect to the app.
There might also be issues with the mic and the mic may not work properly. It’s different from airpod mic problems.
There are several things that you can do to solve this problem. For example,
- You can restore the settings to factory default and set up all the things again.
- Remove the soundbar from the network, then add again.
- Check if other wireless devices are turned on and affecting the connection of the soundbar.
- Make sure the location and network permissions are turned on and the settings are okay.
- Close the music app, then open it again. Check the settings in the app.
Following the steps from this portion can help you connect the soundbar to the app.
Question: How to connect Bose app to Bose?
Answer: Go to your device settings and scroll through the list of apps. Select the app “Bose Connect”. Enable Bluetooth permission from the “Allow Access” menu. And then connect the app.
Question: How does the Bose Connect app function?
Answer: The Bose Connect app improves the pairing between the music source and the output source. This means, when you play music from a device, the app lets the speaker or headphones produce sound.
Question: How does the Bose Connect app update?
Answer: It’s possible to update the Bose connect app wirelessly on Android or iOS devices. Or else, you can update it manually. For that, connect a USB to the computer and visit the Bose update site.
It’s time to draw the curtains on the Bose Soundbar 700 won’t connect to app discussion. I’ve listed all the things that I think will help you get through the problem.
Remember to take care of your soundbar and do proper servicing.
That’s all for today. Enjoy your listening experience!